Kindergarten Registration 2022 – Simonds Elementary
Simonds Elementary welcomes new Kindergarten students to our school community. Our teachers and staff are eager to meet your child and your family and get them started on their learning journey.
Registration opens January 17 and continues through until March 31, 2022. Registration will not be available at the school during Spring Break, from March 14 –25, 2022.
Please review the following information outlining documents needed and instructions to help register new learners. Due to COVID-19, our schools will be modifying registration this year to meet health and safety guidelines and support the needs of families. If you have any general questions about Kindergarten registration, please contact the school by phone: 604-530-2361 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to produce the following documents:
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s License, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form (also available on District website)
- Aboriginal Ancestry Form (also available on District website)
- Medical Alert Form (also available on District website)
Although your child’s Care Card is not a required document, it is an important piece of information for the school to have. Please make sure that you have indicated any medical concerns or information that the school should be aware of (i.e. asthma, allergies, etc.). If you have copies of any medical documents or diagnostic reports for learning or physical needs, please also have a copy or the original (a copy can be made at the school). Please also have a copy of any court orders regarding custody so the school can have a copy on file.
You will need to do the following:
- Complete registration form (fillable pdf) and aboriginal ancestry if applicable (fillable form) and medical alert form if applicable (fillable form) and have documents ready. See above checklist.
- Submit documents in-person or online.
- Once your child’s information has been received, you will receive confirmation from the school informing you it has been received, along with other information, and further instructions (if necessary).
Please call the school to book an appointment to drop-off or complete your child’s registration on site. Appointments will be available Monday-Friday between 10:00am-12:00pm. A staff member will meet you at the school entrance or foyer to receive your child’s registration and documents. Staff will make copies of any documents required. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided. Please abide by COVID-19 health and safety protocols, which may include completing a health check upon entering, signing in as a visitor, maintaining physical distancing, and wearing a mask.
In May we will be hosting our ‘Welcome to Kindergarten’ event. Information will be emailed closer to the date. At this event you will receive a package with valuable information and dates to get you and your family ready for September.
In August, you will begin to receive Back to School information about Simonds and U-Connect and our return to school plan along with the Kindergarten gradual entry process.
We look forward to meeting all our new students.