January 13, 2021
Kindergarten Registration 2021-2022
Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-2022 school year will begin on January 18 and continue through to March 31, 2021. All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2021 are eligible to register for Kindergarten classes that will begin in September 2021. This year you will be able to register either online OR in person.
Online: (preferred method)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and submit copies of documents as attachments and not images inserted into the body of the email. This will streamline the process for both parents/guardians and staff. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided
Please call the school (604-530-2361) to book an appointment to drop-off or complete your child’s registration on site. Appointments will be available Monday-Friday between 10:00am-12:00pm. A staff member will meet you at the school entrance or foyer to receive your child’s registration and documents. Staff will make copies of any documents required. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided. Please abide by COVID-19 health and safety protocols, which may include completing a health check upon entering, signing in as a visitor, maintaining physical distancing, and wearing a mask.
You will need to produce the following documents:
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s License, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form (also available on District website)
- Aboriginal Ancestry Form (also available on District website)
- Medical Alert Form (also available on District website)
Although your child’s Care Card is not a required document, it is an important piece of information for the school to have. Please make sure that you have indicated any medical concerns or information that the school should be aware of (i.e. asthma, allergies, etc.). If you have copies of any medical documents or diagnostic reports for learning or physical needs, please also have a copy or the original (a copy can be made at the school). Please also have a copy of any court orders regarding custody so the school can have a copy on file.